RISK & EXPENSE:
To open a US based sales office is risky and expensive – a good sales rep can cost over $120k usd. A marketing team can double that cost.
The cost generate leads is high so it is important to maximize the chance to close each and every one.
Too many companies have grown organically and have not matured their lead generation and sales processes to continue growth.
BEING FIRST MATTERS:
The internet and sites like clutch.co make it too easy for leads to find 10 companies to contact in minutes. Being first matters!
TIME ZONE DIFFERENCES:
The ideal US selling times are Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm
- There is a constant shortage of quality developers in the US. US rates are around
dev shop and over $100/hr for contractors.
Rates in the US are expensive.
- Many startups and SMBs can not afford US
- By 2020 the US is predicted to have
1.4 million open IT worker positions.
$200/hr for a local
- US firms spend billions of dollars annually to outsource software development.
- Which changes to the current immigration policies,
fewer IT workers will be able to work in the US
resulting in a higher need for outsourcing.